Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Why yes, I do spend all my time in museums!


Some brush pen work from the Louvre, done SAT and MON. Two of my brushes (cheap, prefab things I buy for 3 Euros from a Japanese store called Muji) are getting quite dry, hence the depth of the drybrush effect here. It's beginning to look like Ritmo-style charcoal! Only drag is when brushes beccome this dry, they can't hold a point, and line work suffers. I'm trying to discipline myself to reach for a fresh brush when I need it, but y'know, I get to caught up in the drawing....

I'll stop posting dry copies of dead, "Old Europe" museum pieces soon.

(And yes, we do have passes for the Louvre, but no place else.)

10 comments:

Skribbl said...

These are dry brush? *weeps openly*

magical Marty. Very magical.

rickart said...

Yeah, I'm with you, Scrib... If I could count on work like that with dry brushes I'd carry a blow dryer with me when ever I would go out to draw!

Mr Goodson said...

You're ready to replace Alex Ross.

Davis Chino said...

OK, you guys are just being silly.

But Gawd Bless Ya.

rickart said...

Um, no, we're not.

Dok said...

Nope, we aren't.

Let me join Skribbl in public lamentations - these are just gorgeous.

Don't stop!

Tom Moon said...

Marty,

Beautiful drawings as usual. But better check your anatomical proportions against the guy on this web site. You may want to adjust the arm size on some of your drawings.

http://www.greggvalentino.net/index.cfm?pageID=16

Davis Chino said...

Tom, thanks for the referral. I think I've found my new Blogger Portrait.

I must say, as a guy who is living in a TOTAL vacuum, I really appreciate the feedback you guys give.

And please pipe up when you see something screwy. (Thanks again for pointing out my arm deficiencies, Tom!)

rickart said...

Tom! It looks like you found my reference for my Superman drawing... and I thought I was exaggerating! Yeesh!

Skribbl said...

OMG! That link to that Valentino guy??? Can you say..."JUICE?" I think he's had something implanted....like a young child or something. Gross!

But yeah Marty, if I see something weird I'll put the smack down.