Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tom Carroll's 1st TAG Post (tah daaah)




A page of scribbles in support of Voodoo Gangsters. Visit my blog pitchscribblerant -- Rick Schmitz shouldn't be alone in his shameless blog plug :-) -- and you'll see that I began this a while ago and have now begun to consider it as something to pitch to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim group. They like 15 minute cartoons that have topical (often inanely topical) humor. Voodoo Gangsters, as part of a segment that I call "Gated Community" might be just good enough to make it. The topmost image is of the first Voodoo Gangster I drew ... the inspiration, so to speak. The page of scribbles I did yesterday. Some are original, others are based on what I saw when I Google Image'd "Voodoo Mask" ...

BTW: I couldn't help but scribble a little voodoo doll with my initials stitched across the chest. While I'm not superstitious by nature, I think I'll have to watch my back for a while ... ;-)

More to come. Comments welcome.

3 comments:

Skribbl said...

Hey Tom! You figured it out! Congrats! Sorry I didn't get back to you with the info. I didn't check the blog till this morning. (I was sick all weekend). Glad you could make it.

These look like fun! Yeah these would do great for Adult Swim. Maybe you can do a post about your experiences pitching to Cartoon Network and or Nickelodeon?

TopCat said...

I'll put it together for next week; insightful, but brief.

Dok said...

As I posted on your site Tomcat, I really like these and hope you show us more in this vein!