Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Star Whores


So I went to the Star Wars exibit at the California Science Center this past Sunday. It was cool to see all of the props and costumes from the movies, like the full-sized and and miniature model of Luke's landspeeder (Obi Wan has no legs!!!)



and the HUGE Millenium Falcon and x-wing. Geektopia for sure. I was shooting some digital pics when I remembered reading somewhere that when they built the Rebel Blockade Runner the modelers put a special surprise in the cockpit. So I bent down and snapped this shot and guess what I saw....




There's a joke here somewhere. Any suggestions?

And now for this commercial break...


It was a fun exhibit and I highly reccomend it. Just plan for long lines. The funny thing was that there were more adults than children! I had Comic Con flashbacks!!

6 comments:

Mr Goodson said...

what happened to that monstergirl thing where we were all mocking krayonzilla? Or I was anyway. This Star Wars exhibit looks very cool. I'll have to spread the news. Where's the mini playboy pin up shot?

Skribbl said...

I bet Krayonzilla deleted it. I didn't even get to read the comments!!! :-(

Skribbl said...

Oh and the shot is up!

Mr Goodson said...

Hey, good looking kids next to that Stormtrooper. Did they have a good time?

Skribbl said...

They loved it! I was geeking out over the models and costumes and they were more interested in the science exhibits. Go figure.

If you do go, I recommend catching an IMAX 3-D show before. You get preferred entrance into the SW exhibit. And it's cool to boot!

rickart said...

I took most of the kids to see it when it was here in Boston. Great fun! The Falcon is indeed HUGE.

Did you see the robot "multimedia" presentation? Did you have any luck making the mag/lev car work? Or the robot work? They had been pretty picked over by the time we got to the exibit... it was almost the end of the run in Boston. The interactive exibits were in pretty bad shape. Still, all the other stuff was way cool