Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sculpey Project Rough


It's an old Idea I've batted around for some time but with my new moldmaking confidence I'm going to give it another go. The big thing is to pour the mold full of rubbery PVC so it's stretchey , allowing custom ping pong ball eyes to be replaced. I thought through how to get the form of the curve of the ping pong ball without cutting it out of my sculpt. I'll heat gun the sclupey to harden it and the ping pong ball will melt and leave a perfect dimensional record when I pull it out with needlenose pliers.

8 comments:

rickart said...

I'm not sure if I totally understand what you are working on here, but I'm sure it will be very cool when you are done... love the little butt on the thing.

DMD 2000 said...

This sounds like an neat project. Are you going make them in pairs?

TomCarroll said...

A agree with Rick ... the little butt cheeks make that critter speh-shull. Where do I send my order, and can we get multiple sets of ping pong balls so we can design our own eyes?

TopCat said...

A agree with Rick ... the little butt cheeks make that critter speh-shull. Where do I send my order, and can we get multiple sets of ping pong balls so we can design our own eyes?

Tom Moon said...

I want to order one too, but I want mine to come with a little loincloth.

By the way, I seem to have to keep signing in with my blogger identity and password each time instead of it remembering each time. Is this something new to blogger, or am I doing something wrong?

Mr Goodson said...

Wow, orders. I'd better do this. Tom , the mohawk on the toy THE MAX makes a good loin cloth. I'm using that on our Freedom Of Teach flayed maquette for modesty

Tom Moon said...

I'm only kidding. I like him nekkid.

Scotty Buncake said...

I like this design! I know you've never liked anything I do, but I do like this guy. Cool. Creepy, like a photograph of Ranjo.