Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Did I post any stories about this Facebook group called "FREE ART LIBRARY"? I believe Beata or Ranjo nominated me for membership (thanks). Supposed to be a clearing house for links to FREE art lessons, reference, etc., which is a useful thing, fer sure.

But one day early on, the founder suggested we share opinions on famous artists. The thread commenced with an invitation to defend a John Buscema Conan sketch--and before you could say "By the hoary beard of Krom," the discussion devolved into mouth-foaming and invective. (70-plus comments within a few hours befouling my inbox). Oy, vey!

I drew this as a humorous epigram for the whole episode, but didn't have the 'nad to post it.

Holy smokes, it's September. Guess I better get to work on that TAG Comic Book story!!

9 comments:

MrGoodson2 said...

Beautiful. I suggest a Kickstarter for a big book of these Dry brush sketches of yours.

Nicest piece of original art on the blog in a long time.

FB flame wars are amazing. And no one bothers to think like Adam Carolla. Does it make me happy or make me money? If not, don't do it.

Tom Moon said...

Agree with Ellis; fantastic drawing. It's better than they deserve but you should go ahead and post it on that blog. Incivility on the internet. It's like a car crash, hard to look away. No hope for mankind.

MrGoodson2 said...


Storyboard thumbnails from last night

I Tumbld your drawing

MrGoodson2 said...

Your sketch on the tumblr also links back to the TAG posting

Davis Chino said...

Dudes! I miss my TAG community. It's so good to hear from you via the comments. And very gratifying to hear your kind words.

Ellis, I would amend Carolla's directive thusly: does it make me happy, make me money, or would Tom Moon like it?

Words to live by.

Beata said...

I LOVE YOUR DRAWING, MARTY!

FB can be such a blessing and, at times, such a bitch. The founder of that Free Art Library group (Henry M) recently disabled his FB account, for reasons perhaps similar to what motivated you to create this drawing. With him went all his wonderful posts, art albums, funny pics, and links to free art tutorials and tips ... utter devastation! Everyone's hoping he (and his posts) return soon.

Tom Moon said...

It's true Ellis, as Marty says. I am the light and the standard by which all things are judged.

MrGoodson2 said...

Absolutely Tom. I left it unsaid because I hate that phrase "it goes without saying"

Davis Chino said...

Beata! Thank you for the kind words.

And hey, I'm hoping to be in SoCal around the time the SD Comics Fest happens. Art party!

(Tom: Ha ha!)