Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bode-Jones-Bones- Click for Photoshop Killer Tips



I've always assumed this was a personal joke by Vaughn Bode doing a joke on Jeff Jones.

I thought I was posting this to my blog. I'm too lazy to re-do it.

I wanted an online spot to ask Jeffrey Catherine Jones a facebook question.
If there was a back story on this cartoon.
If they were good friends during this period. Etc.

I've added a grab of the answers Jeffery gave me. Cool person

I made my title into a link to Photoshop Killer tips.
I've learned a couple of things already.

4 comments:

MrGoodson2 said...

Jones wrote me and said that he and Vaughn were best firends and actually shared a rental property during the 1969 or so period of this cartoon. I dig this facebook deal.

MrGoodson2 said...

He said they had shared an estate in Woodstock. Woodstock, 1969- 1970. Sounds groovy.

Tom Carroll said...

I have fond memories of reading my Heavy Metal magazines in 1975 or so that had Vaughn's "Sunspot" toons ... very fun and irreverant. Just right for a college student.

MrGoodson2 said...

Tom, Sunspot was another great universe built by Bode. Proloific just doesn't do the guy justice. It was more like he was channeling. Probably a mind that had some crucial firm grasp on the child Bode he could tap into any time.

The answers from Jeffery gave me a kick.

I obviously slipped up giving gender ID to Jeffery in my second post as HE. Sorry about that. I know Buncake flies into a rage when he sees that kind of thoughtlessness.