Saturday, September 27, 2008

Judo Gene LeBell answers my Dumb Question



The Underground MMA.TV forum had Gene LeBell offering to take questions. I offered up....


"Did Steve Martin require much prep when you did the high crotch lift into a garbage can scene in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid?"


LeBell.."Mr. Wind: "Steve Martin is my favorite living comedian and he was a super athlete when we shot our films together. When you lift somebody by the crotch they don't need any prep, they just jump."

I have a lot of LeBell's books and video. I'm just a huge fan of the idea of Gene LeBell. Toughest man on Earth. It was a kick to have him give me a funny answer from what has to be an infinite library of anecdotes on Hollywood stunt work.

Arrgh. I had Gene's name spelled wrong initially. Sorry about that Gene. (Don't want that guy mad at me.)

No comments: