Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Rosicrucian Center

I've been staying at my sister's place in San Jose for the past 3 months while waiting for my house in MA to sell and for the family to move here. The house is sold (Sue signed the papers just this morning!) and this past weekend was my last staying at my sister's. She lives literally one black away from an Egyptian temple... that's right, smack dab in the middle of a sleepy San Jose suburb at the southern end of Silicon Valley is The Rosicrucian Center and Egyptian Museum... only in California! At any rate, this is the only worthwhile sketch I did while I walked around the grounds of this eccentric place on Sunday.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Aren't the Rosicrucians the wacky dudes that gave "Young Sherlock Holmes" so much trouble??

Congrats on the house movings! Yay!!!

Mr Goodson said...

Yay, double yay for house selling and moving hassles soon to end. I like the sketch. I dig all the reflected light look you manage to achieve with the hatching .

Tom Moon said...

I went to that place decades ago in college! My Egyptian art history teacher took the whole class on a field trip there with instructions to be very polite on the premises, but to quietly write down all the fallacies in their Egyptian art exhibits and put them into an essay.

rickart said...

Ha! That's awesome! I'm guessing that it's changed a bit since you were there... they've added some stuff to it.

weezie said...

There's a very cool, gigantic grave yard near there too. A short hip, skip, and a jump away is the technology museum.

Mark Botta just moved up here too. He's working with me at Crystal Dynamics and living in Campbell (heck of a commute).

rickart said...

Weezie! Let's do lunch! You can reach me at rschmitz@centerscore.com

rickart said...

And bring Mark along!