Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Rick is Back!


Hey folks... sorry I haven't been on in a while... after my first month in Germany I moved to a guest house that doesn't have any internet.  I'll be in this place until Sue and Tommy get here at the end of the school year (they were just here over the Christmas break and we had a blast!).  I have avoided logging onto the TAG blog at work because I use a different Google address to log in for work stuff and it was a bit of a mess to go back and forth.  I think I have a solution now... we'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a bit of Christmas loot with you... The Orion Omnibus!  It's mostly written and drawn by Walt Simonson and is pretty awesome!  If you liked his run on Thor, then I'm pretty sure you'll like this.  It's pretty sweeping and uses just about every New God there is.

8 comments:

Tom Moon said...

Great to see you back here on TAG Rick. Wondered when you'd start posting again. Looks like you are having too much fun over there!

Rickart said...

Yes, the holidays also kept me busy. In particular, I had an extended visit with Denise, which was pretty awesome. She is such a great kid!

MrGoodson2 said...

Excellent lifestyle it seems to me. Great career arc type of add on. You've had a career that would be exemplar of what game careers can be as far as wild rides.

Glad you might show up here again.

Simonson is a guy I like/ almost love , but for some reason have no passion for. He is absolutely one of the most talented guys to work in comics.

Surly Bird said...

Great to see you on the blog again, Rick! And glad to hear you are having a ball in Europe and at Goodgame! Walt Simonson has got to be the most consistent guy in comics. He never varies....always delivers slick, awesome work whatever it is. And he has a style nobody seems to be able to ape. You always know it's his work when you see it. Love his run on Thor.

BDMontag said...

We mentioned Simonson's Orion on this blog before. Spoiler alert: Scott Free houses the anti-life equation. That adds a whole new dimension to Kirby's Pact. I wondered whether this was Simonson's idea or if there were a hint of it in other Fourth World iterations?

Glad to see you back.

Rickart said...

Thanks guys!
Ben: I don't know if that was something Simonson came up with or not... he's a pretty clever storyteller, so I wouldn't doubt that he came up with it.

Ronnie: Yes, Europe has been great and I like the gig a lot.

Ellis: "Wild ride" is a pretty acurate description. When Sue and I had discussed the possiblity of working in Europe in the past I think we both imagined living in France, but I think Germany was a better place to land... I think it's a more friendly country for english-speakers. Now if they would just open their stores on Sundays...

Davis Chino said...

That's cool! Glad you guys had a good holiday in Deutschland. Looks like a cool book, tho' I gotta say Orion and that main group of New Gods never did it for me the way the tertiary characters like Mr. Miracle and Big Barda did...but Walt Simonson is terrific!

Rickart said...

What about Lightray or the Legion of Newsboys, who also make an appearance in the book?