Saturday, January 30, 2016

New year, new job



I am happy to announce I will be working at Microsoft as a technical artist on one of the HoloLens teams, starting February 8. It's a contract position scheduled to run until August. I don't know how much I can say about the role, but, naturally, I am super-excited to get the job. During the interview, I kept thinking this role was tailor-made for me. It's the perfect blend of tech and art and they liked that I had both skills.

I am thrilled to be able to finally get a chance to see the HoloLens in action. I'll get a chance to put my fledgling technical artist chops to use while learning from other seasoned technical artists. I really couldn't design a better job for myself if I tried.

11 comments:

JMG said...

Congratulations Ronnie

Surly Bird said...

Thanks, Jim!

MrGoodson2 said...

Congratulations Ronnie. That does sound perfect. Hopefully hereafter, you stay in Bill Gates family with a nice secure spot. Sounds like the most perfect job a guy in Seattle could get.

Surly Bird said...

Thank you, Ellis. I think the job will be a great fit for me. Very excited to learn and grow, for sure.

Tom Moon said...

Wow Ronnie, I am so excited for you. Congratulations!

Surly Bird said...

Thank you, Tom. I'm really excited for it, too.

BDMontag said...

Congratulations!

Surly Bird said...

Thank you, Ben!

Rickart said...

That's awesome news Ronnie! A perfect job for you! I look forward to hearing tales about your experiences! Is this a totally new crew or do you know people on the team?

Surly Bird said...

Thanks, Rick. The team I'm on is comprised of all new folks and they are a wonderful crew. I actually started this week - got the call to come in a week early on Monday. I'm very fortunate to be on this team. I have already bumped into about five other former SOE co-workers here. One or two of them are on different teams in the same space. It's been great so far!

Rickart said...

Nice! Congrats! I have faith that you are going to rock this job!