Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Photoshop goofing with a single sketch-Kindle shop excitement

That required getting a version of CALIBER that worked with my ancient Mac OS.
Where I could use Caliber to convert the existing PDF into  MOBI format.
Upload previews correctly now and looks dandy.
Pretty dang excited by Kindle. Much more so than POD like Lulu.
This is a way to mainline money if you come up with solid promotion notions and have a product to sell.
I don't know it for a fact, need to check, but I bet Maurie Manning is a Kindle entrepreneur.

4 comments:

MrGoodson2 said...

Kitchen Dance Trailer
Sent an email to Maurie. My Amazon search reveals no Maurie Manning e-books.
Her web site does have a great example of something Marty was talking about. The book trailer.
Something like that for a graphic novel...I'm getting excited all over again.

Rickart said...

I need to look into the Kindle shop a bit more. I looked into some E-publishing for a comic for work, but you have to charge at least .99 for anything you put up for distribution.

MrGoodson2 said...

.99 that lets you get a whopping 35 percent.

Davis Chino said...

...BY THE WAY, this is one of my favorite sketch pages you've done. The wavery warpage of one man's mug tells a story all its own. I enjoy it everytime I see it.

Way cool.