Thursday, December 10, 2009

Glen Orbik click for website



I've linked the title to Glen Orbik's main website. I've taken quick sketch with the man and he is a modern master.
He learned from Fred Fixler, taking over his classes at the place I went to,
http://www.calartinst.com/
Fixler learned from Frank Reilly. So what is taught could be called the Reilly method.
Jeff Watts, Marty Davis, Jeff Wand, Jeremy Lipking, Tony Pro lots of really good artists have benefited from this course of study.
Anyway, check out his amazing work.

I fixed the broke link issue. Definitely surf around on the site

8 comments:

Tom Moon said...

No image for the post is displaying for me. Is anyone else having that problem?

Tom Carroll said...

me too ...

Tom Moon said...

The picture you're displaying is signed "Laurel". What's the relationship between the two illustrators and why does it look like Glenn holds the copyright to all of Laurel's work?

MrGoodson2 said...

I think like Jeff Watts, who uses something like "Zoon", Orbik wants a demarcation between his fine art and his commercial work.

MrGoodson2 said...

Scratch that. Laurel is Orbik's partner. Someone that is also a Fixler student that I can step in and give the piece the same golden era illustration goodness in collaboration

Tom Moon said...

I'm a baby girl now.

MrGoodson2 said...

You're a very cute Baby girl. Was this in a new wallet?

Tom Moon said...

No, just one of thousands of family pictures I keep on my computer at all times. I am now my granddaughter Torey and I am one year old.