Thursday, January 31, 2008

Goofy

There is a Goofy short that is playing with National Treasure and as far as I can tell it’s the first indication of John Lassiter’s influence on Disney. It’s meant to resemble the old Goofy “how to” cartoons of the 50’s, and it captures that vibe very well. The subject is setting up a home theatre, and I'm guessing that coming up with funny gags for this subject is like shooting fish in a barrel. It was entertaining, fun and fast. I say it bodes well for where Disney's “traditional” animation is headed.

2 comments:

Tom Moon said...

Me want see short. When it come to dvd or YouTube?

Mr Goodson said...

I've heard about it. I wonder if it's playing in front of There Will Be Blood.

I was hoping when I clicked on the title it would take me to the short.

I'll look for it on youtube