Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tuesday WIP for Enworld

Pencil rough. Need corrections on the closest leg. But I wanted something to take into photoshop, play with lighting before I did more drawing.
3rd- probably final for the month.
SUX! Major struggle. Way too much photoshop.
This version is the revised version.
 





My muji ballpoint inks are a natural for these adult coloring books.
Doing a couple this month
 Proportion changes again. Really looks like a room full of Abes now.
I'll calm down on some of this process stuff.
I'll add the finish color as the last thing on the thread.
I've been told I'll get a third assignment this month.
Imagine how great I'd be doing if this paid well.

8 comments:

Tom Moon said...

Let me guess. The top one is "Uncle Sam and the League of Lincolns", and the bottom one is "Neptuna Fights a Sand Worm".

MrGoodson2 said...

Nailed it!

Rickart said...

Oh! We are going to start giving Ellis' drawings titles? That sounds like fun!

Tom Moon said...

Great progress. These are looking cool Ellis.

Rickart said...

That wolf one is terrific! Really nice. You've always been really great with your animals, but I think this may be the finest animal piece I've seen... wolf faces are very hard to authetically campture, but here you've done it.

Rickart said...

oh, and one of your best inking jobs, too!

Tom Moon said...

The Pied Piper of Wolves? I agree with Rick that this is the best one so far.

MrGoodson2 said...

Thanks guys. Well, I over complicated it. Probably by making a whole like of selection mattes first I set my foot down the wrong path. Should have gone real loose on the tone.
Some of it would have been all right.