Sunday, December 03, 2006

Gnomon Workshop Experience





The painting at the top was done by Craig Mullins. Done for a very impatient group. Only later do you realize how much Mullins has shown you.

Remember where one guy does a scribble and a second guy has to make something out of your scribble. That's Mullin's process. taking stuff , color photos, composites of stuff, getting blendey and filterey, and then doodle sillohuttes within. Make up an appealing composition and build.

The second photo shows Tom Carrol passing through solid matter, which I didn't know he could do. I wish the photo had his foot still half way into the wall, it would tell the story better. It was just dumb luck I got the shot at all.

8 comments:

TopCat said...

So flattering ... I'll have to do a paintover of Ellis' photograph... maybe add some CG and speedpainting elements ... ;-)

Mr Goodson said...

I left after the Ian McCaig demo. So doing a paintover in the manner of the last speaker with notes would be dandy

rickart said...

Very cool one and all! Is this the thing that Dok was preparing for?

I knew Topcat could walk on water but I didn't know he could walk through walls! Cool! Shall you call you ShadowTopCat from now on?

Skribbl said...

If you look closely, it looks like the frame before he flips you the bird.

Mr Goodson said...

AAARRRGGHH. I just realized who the guy doing the paintover talk was. I'll post the link to his great tutorial tomorrow. I wish I'd had the patience to catch it.

TopCat said...

The paintover guy was fantastic! Ya shoulda stayed, E-shizzle ... ;-)

Mr Goodson said...

http://www.androidblues.com/howto.html

The above link to the "paintover guy". Some great digital painting tips. Oh well, paintover didn't sound sexey so I misssed it and another talk.

Digital Marketing said...

I like your post.


Current Political News in USA

Latest Breaking News in USA

Latest Entertainment News in USA