Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thunder Agents Archive

Just plowed right on through THUNDER Agents Archives Vol 5.
So pricey. If I didn't get that comic book credit, I wouldn't have bought it.
50 bucks!
Beyond that, super charming, Wally Wood cynical humor gold through out.
The art is so-so in many cases. Especially like Chic Stone. But it is there that the "22 Panels That Always Work" are used the most. Probably doing about 3 pages a day from the look of it.

Childhood favorite that is as good as I remember. I may do an Indy version of Weed.
Chain smoker, no powers, kind of accident prone.

2 comments:

BDMontag said...

I went on the interwebs and found 1920 x 1200 image of "Wally Wood's 22 Panels That Always Work!"

MrGoodson2 said...

I've got that somewhere. It's good, easy way to think composition in comics.

Chic Stone, Steve Skeets, Mike Sekowsky used the ideas more than Wally Wood.

Wood was knocking himself out, being the best artist in the brand.