Friday, November 23, 2012

Resin Head

Sold this thing to a company called Monarch Soap in Ca. I was wondering if they plan to dip it in the soap and get a nice even coat. It might look pretty neat. Like a Planes of The Head head made out of soap.
Hey what the... My post came out on top of the comic book update deal-ee-o. Need to edit the calendar entry if you want it to rest on top.
Did a quick guesstimate on the number of Artists currently listed for Artist Alley. Probably 270. And of course that number goes up with the shadow artist effect of shared tables. Sold out.

4 comments:

Rickart said...

Yeah, it's been sold out for a while now. I thought I posted something to that effect in the past, but perhaps I'm imagining it.

Davis Chino said...

I am a shadow artist, I think...you, Ellis, are a Shadow Run artist.
Brain flash: wouldn't it be cool to set up your table at the next 'Con as an old-school video game concept art mecca? Put up a lot of yr Vectorman stuff, Neverhood Skullmonkeys, etc. Exhibit originals, and sell prints/sketchbook. Have a 16 bit Sega Genesis running...offer some t-shirts.

Bet you'd really stand out!

Davis Chino said...

Is this your version of an Asaro head? Is it one of those 3d computer printed sculptures? Maybe it's the camera lens, but it looks a little...extra chunky?

MrGoodson2 said...

It is pretty ugly and chunky. It is a 3d print out, originally. I believe this baby is resin. I have no complete memory of ordering the print out, making a mold, or making a copy. It's big enough that it really is an expensive amount of resin. I sold it for 10 bucks. Probably spent 150 to produce it.
Like your idea about the old art being displayed. But I'm engaged in selling it where ever I can. I've got a meeting tomorrow with a guy that will probably but two or three of my sketchbooks.