Friday, May 14, 2010

Drink and Draw -Frazetta Tribute Night

I may have some fun in photoshop with this. One thing I'll change is make the female smaller. Can't have the female larger than the male. I drew this with lighting that was about the equivalent of a night light. Tough on the eyes. But I dig the crowd. People out did themselves with Frazetta as inspiration.

I'm going to turn it into a digital painting but I needed to change it. Still have a lot of edits to go but you can see the dramatic difference in flopping the male. I've enlarged him, made her smaller. I'm going to heal the sanke and background a bit, do some anatomy ( his , now, left leg)

I added the changes as they've shaped up. Changed  the female's center of gravity so it looks like she might be able to stay on her feet if the snake moves suddenly

I decided to sell the original on EBAY. Click headline to watch that develop.

3 comments:

Tom Moon said...

Hey, that's a really cool drawing Ellis, but I'm a little puzzled by what kind of pose the girl is in. The girl is not lifted up on her toes due to being entwined in the snake's coils, but rather seems to to be using the snake as some sort of backrest. Is she unconscious? What am I missing?

MrGoodson2 said...

She's a snake priestess. The snake serves a stripper pole type function

MrGoodson2 said...

Tom , your comment led me to a lot of edits. I'm about ready to start the paint process now.